What you'll need:
- clear mason jar
- votive candle
- finger starfish
1. Grab your clear mason, jelly or glass jar.
2. Fill it half-way, with sand. If you don't live near the beach, you may find play sand at your local home-improvement store.
3. Wrap twine around the top of the jar. You can do this as far down or as thick as you like.
4. Attach a finger starfish to the twine. Just tie it on or use hot glue.
5. Insert a votive candle inside. For outdoor use, us a citronella candle to keep the bugs at bay.
6. Place on your deck when lounging or outdoor dining; tabletop or line a walking path for a party.
7. Enjoy this beach cottage style candle jar. And be sure to brag to everyone you made it!
You could also loop some wire around to create a hanger. Several of these hanging from a tree or your patio umbrella would be beautiful.
Visit our Pinterest page for more decorating and design ideas:
And you may find natural finger starfish at Seaside Inspired: