Idea from Dreamy Whites
An outdoor Fall accent and a buffet for the birdies.
What you'll need:
- A 3-5 pound pumpkin
- Thick twine
- (2) Large tacks
- Bird seed
- Twigs (optional)
- Cut the pumpkin in half (you now have 2 feeders)
- Scoop out the inside (save for pumpkin pie or roasted pumpkin seeds) leaving a thick interior wall
- Using the natural grooves of the pumpkin, take your twine pieces and loop/tie together at the bottom and tack to the underside of the pumpkin. Take your top pieces and loop/tie together to hang from a branch.
- If you would like to create natural perches, poke or drill holes in the side and insert a twig.
- Fill with birdseed and enjoy watching your feathered friends